Monday 5 August 2013

A golden ticket to a gloriously understated golden glance!

Fotor0805234212
“The golden age is before us, not behind us.”- William Shakespeare
All that glitters is not gold, however a hit of gold glitter eyeshadow never goes amiss in the summer season. As mentioned in my ‘products consistently at my fingertips’, I just can’t get enough of a glowing golden eye in the summer. A personal go to for any day that involves me breaking out of the field and enter the glimmering city walls of York.   The sheep may not appreciate the soft glow of this look, but the town sure does. Soft and understated but undoubtedly glorious.
With 3 colours, conveniently placed next to each other, in Urban Decay’s Naked 2 pallet, a simple golden eye can be achieved. The subtle gradient of colour (pictured right to left) adds a warmth and depth to the look , which, a simple wash of a gold pigment (half baked) could not achieve alone!
fotor0803225559
*Firstly, the eyes are primed with Bare Study, a golden and shimmer paint pot by mac. This gives the shadow something to cling to, brining out the gleaming gold.
SAMSUNG CSC
*Then bootycall is placed with a shadow brush all over the lid and in the crease. I also placed some in the inner eye area (the hollow  between your tear duct and nose) using a pencil brush. Whilst I am normally not a huge fan of inner eye highlighting, it actually really works for this glowing look.
Fotor0805234441SAMSUNG CSC
* Half baked is then patted, rather than swiped, over the outer 2/3rds of the lid to intensify the colour . This keeps the inner part of the lid light and bright! Then I blended it in to the crease on a pointed crease brush. I prefer this look to be heavily blended, as I personally feel, the subtle gradient of colour depth is more flattering than a starker contrast.
Fotor080612519Fotor0805234534
*Then coppering is added to the outer corner. I do this with a pencil brush (If i wanted a stronger look I would apply it with an angled shader brush to have more product placed on the outer corner.). As the coppering is really only applied to give a warmth to the eye it is not overly dramatic.
*To give the eye a clear shape I use a square flat liner brush to press the coppering shadow in to a < shape on the outer edge of my eye. I line up the brush from the outer corner of my eye up towards where my eye brow ends. The second line is then placed on the bone above the crease (the eye socket) from the edge of the first line, facing towards the inner part of the eye. This technique allows a slightly stronger shape to the eye and even when blended down, as it is in this look, a cat eye is still alluded to.
*Using the same square flat liner brush I placed half baked and coppering under the eye, so that to gleams!
*With the cat shape already suggested by the shadow, liner is used to highlight it even more so. I used the Eyeko pen for the liner on the lid as this product allows a really thin line to be drawn. I then used gel liner on a liner brush for the flick as the consistency of the gel is slightly better to work with because you can control the pressure you place on the brush far more then with the pen. I also find the brush has a more fluid movement, which is better for the flick.
SAMSUNG CSCFotor080610816
*With a lashing of mascara theses golden glories are finished! Understated but undoubtedly glorious.!
Fotor0805235333
Fotor080610741
*For me brows are a must! . I brushed the brows upwards using a spoolie, the tip of the spoolie was then used around the edges of the brow to direct the hairs in to a more defined shape. A few short strokes of ‘brows’ by topshop to fill in any small gaps and one final comb through finishes off the ‘arches of the soul’.
Fotor080610847
*Pared with a rich peachy nude (Posh tone by M.A.C) completes this look!
Fotor0805235418
Look complete I’m able to head off in to the lustrous city to  exchange some golden glances and exchange my golden tickets for some Bucks!
Fotor0805235516SAMSUNG CSC
Love Livs xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment